I had the privilege to interview Steven Schussler who founded the successful chain of Rain Forest Cafe. Chairman and Chief Executive of Schussler Creative, his firm designs and builds theatrical environments for restaurants, retail stores, and special events. Also co-author of best seller book “It’s a Jungle in There”.
Steven is a great mentor, speaker, entrepreneur, and investor, he shared key tips and tricks to run a successful business, no matter if it is in the food industry, retail, product, or service. You will hear and feel Steven’s passion for entrepreneurship in this interview.
Key Tips given in Interview:
- Entrepreneurs will have ADD (Multi-Taskers)
- You must always have an ego check
- Make sure to have the right TEAM that can understand your vision
- Know your exit strategy, know when it is the time to let go of your business and sale it
- Customer retention is due to 1) Experience (Wild Factor) 2) Service
- Surround yourself with people smarter than you
- Have attorneys, and branding experts on your team
- Know your competition
- Be up to date with what goes on around the world
- Stay in shape (healthy)
- Have a good attitude that you are going to succeed
- You are constantly pitching yourself everyday, make sure to pitch with a smile
To find out more about Steven, visit Schussler Creative.